Congress declines to draw into Bhagwat`s poll credit issue
New Delhi: Congress on Monday sought to play safe on the issue of RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat not giving credit to any individual for the BJP`s stupendous poll victory saying this is between "BJP and RSS".
Bhagwat has said yesterday in Bhubaneswar that the BJP came to power at the Centre because the common man wanted change disagreeing with the suggestion that the party`s victory in the Lok Sabha elections was solely due to any individual`s personal pull.
"This is between BJP and RSS. Let the BJP respond to RSS chief`s comment not the Congress," Congress leader Rajeev Shukla said outside Parliament when asked about Bhagwat`s comment about the reasons of the victory.
Incidentally Prime Minister Narendra Modi while addressing the national council meeting on Saturday, has given credit to the party`s victory to Rajnath Singh and Amit Shah describing them as "captain" of the team and the "man of the match" respectively.
SP leader Ram Gopal Yadav also declined to comment on the issue.
However, Yadav said the party is supporting the Judicial Appointment Bill.
"India is only country in the world where judges are appointed by judges itself. It is always executives who appoint judges in other places. So there should be changes in it and the Bill should be brought in," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video