Congress declines to draw into Bhagwat`s poll credit issue
New Delhi: Congress on Monday sought to play safe on the issue of RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat not giving credit to any individual for the BJP`s stupendous poll victory saying this is between "BJP and RSS".
Bhagwat has said yesterday in Bhubaneswar that the BJP came to power at the Centre because the common man wanted change disagreeing with the suggestion that the party`s victory in the Lok Sabha elections was solely due to any individual`s personal pull.
"This is between BJP and RSS. Let the BJP respond to RSS chief`s comment not the Congress," Congress leader Rajeev Shukla said outside Parliament when asked about Bhagwat`s comment about the reasons of the victory.
Incidentally Prime Minister Narendra Modi while addressing the national council meeting on Saturday, has given credit to the party`s victory to Rajnath Singh and Amit Shah describing them as "captain" of the team and the "man of the match" respectively.
SP leader Ram Gopal Yadav also declined to comment on the issue.
However, Yadav said the party is supporting the Judicial Appointment Bill.
"India is only country in the world where judges are appointed by judges itself. It is always executives who appoint judges in other places. So there should be changes in it and the Bill should be brought in," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB