Congress` main fight will be with RSS, BJP just a mask: Jairam Ramesh
Basti: Congress` main contender during next year`s general elections will be Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh, Union Minister Jairam Ramesh said on Sunday, calling BJP "just a mask".
"Congress` main fight in the 2014 Lok Sabha polls will be with RSS. BJP is just a mask," Ramesh said while addressing a rally at Dumariyaganj in Siddharthnagar district.
There were six to seven states where the contest is with RSS, he said.
Ramesh alleged that BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and party Uttar Pradesh incharge Amit Shah were sowing seeds of hatred through their rallies.
He alleged that they were showing a dream of development to the people by projecting Gujarat as a model, but there were several social problems in the state.
Ramesh said Congress always wanted social harmony and development in the country.
He said it was up to the people to elect which type of representative they wanted.
A team of the Rural Development Ministry would soon prepare a detailed plan of development of the area, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore