Congress` main fight will be with RSS, BJP just a mask: Jairam Ramesh
Basti: Congress` main contender during next year`s general elections will be Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh, Union Minister Jairam Ramesh said on Sunday, calling BJP "just a mask".
"Congress` main fight in the 2014 Lok Sabha polls will be with RSS. BJP is just a mask," Ramesh said while addressing a rally at Dumariyaganj in Siddharthnagar district.
There were six to seven states where the contest is with RSS, he said.
Ramesh alleged that BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and party Uttar Pradesh incharge Amit Shah were sowing seeds of hatred through their rallies.
He alleged that they were showing a dream of development to the people by projecting Gujarat as a model, but there were several social problems in the state.
Ramesh said Congress always wanted social harmony and development in the country.
He said it was up to the people to elect which type of representative they wanted.
A team of the Rural Development Ministry would soon prepare a detailed plan of development of the area, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- FIFA seeks ban for Qatar, Asian FC officials for refusing to cooperate with inquiry
- RBI wants to liberalise while strengthening bond markets: Raghuram Rajan
- After Rio Olympics failure, Tintu Luka's uncle blames coach PT Usha for below-par training
- Narsingh Yadav would have won the silver, claims WFI official
- PM Modi, Shah to address CMs of BJP-ruled states on Saturday