Congress` main fight will be with RSS, BJP just a mask: Jairam Ramesh
Basti: Congress` main contender during next year`s general elections will be Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh, Union Minister Jairam Ramesh said on Sunday, calling BJP "just a mask".
"Congress` main fight in the 2014 Lok Sabha polls will be with RSS. BJP is just a mask," Ramesh said while addressing a rally at Dumariyaganj in Siddharthnagar district.
There were six to seven states where the contest is with RSS, he said.
Ramesh alleged that BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and party Uttar Pradesh incharge Amit Shah were sowing seeds of hatred through their rallies.
He alleged that they were showing a dream of development to the people by projecting Gujarat as a model, but there were several social problems in the state.
Ramesh said Congress always wanted social harmony and development in the country.
He said it was up to the people to elect which type of representative they wanted.
A team of the Rural Development Ministry would soon prepare a detailed plan of development of the area, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you