Congress MP claims threat to life, seeks security
New Delhi: Claiming that his life was under
"serious threat", a Congress member in Lok Sabha on Tuesday sought
security from the Centre saying some people had recently
entered his house, beat up his family members and damaged his
"Madam, I have been raising this matter since last year
but no security has been granted to me. The Home Ministry is
not at all concerned. I am under serious threat ... I can be
killed anytime. It is a conspiracy by my opponents," Rajaram
Pal, who represents Akbarpur constituency in Uttar Pradesh,
said during Zero Hour.
He claimed that "some goonda-type elements" have been on a
dharna outside his house for the past fortnight "under the
garb of the Anna Hazare agitation. They also gheraoed my house
on a few occasions."
Pal said he had informed the local police and
administration but no action was taken. "On August 24, these
elements entered my house, attacked and beat up my family
members and damaged and broke the belongings."
He demanded that the Home Ministry immediately provide
adequate security to him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA