Congress MP claims threat to life, seeks security
New Delhi: Claiming that his life was under
"serious threat", a Congress member in Lok Sabha on Tuesday sought
security from the Centre saying some people had recently
entered his house, beat up his family members and damaged his
"Madam, I have been raising this matter since last year
but no security has been granted to me. The Home Ministry is
not at all concerned. I am under serious threat ... I can be
killed anytime. It is a conspiracy by my opponents," Rajaram
Pal, who represents Akbarpur constituency in Uttar Pradesh,
said during Zero Hour.
He claimed that "some goonda-type elements" have been on a
dharna outside his house for the past fortnight "under the
garb of the Anna Hazare agitation. They also gheraoed my house
on a few occasions."
Pal said he had informed the local police and
administration but no action was taken. "On August 24, these
elements entered my house, attacked and beat up my family
members and damaged and broke the belongings."
He demanded that the Home Ministry immediately provide
adequate security to him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA