Congress MP claims threat to life, seeks security
New Delhi: Claiming that his life was under
"serious threat", a Congress member in Lok Sabha on Tuesday sought
security from the Centre saying some people had recently
entered his house, beat up his family members and damaged his
"Madam, I have been raising this matter since last year
but no security has been granted to me. The Home Ministry is
not at all concerned. I am under serious threat ... I can be
killed anytime. It is a conspiracy by my opponents," Rajaram
Pal, who represents Akbarpur constituency in Uttar Pradesh,
said during Zero Hour.
He claimed that "some goonda-type elements" have been on a
dharna outside his house for the past fortnight "under the
garb of the Anna Hazare agitation. They also gheraoed my house
on a few occasions."
Pal said he had informed the local police and
administration but no action was taken. "On August 24, these
elements entered my house, attacked and beat up my family
members and damaged and broke the belongings."
He demanded that the Home Ministry immediately provide
adequate security to him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened