Congress takes a dig at Bal Thackeray
New Delhi: Congress Monday had a dig at Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray over his call to "staunch Hindus and patriotic public" to not to allow Indo-Pak cricket matches in India.
"Why the Shiv Sena is all the time only interrupting and disrupting? They should do some good also. Many among us think that we should not bring politics in art and sports," Congress spokesperson Renuka Chowdhary told reporters here.
In a hard-hitting statement in Sena mouthpiece `Saamana`, Thackersy had given a call for not allowing the matches unless Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde withdraws his statement on "forgetting the past" to play cricket with Pakistan.
"You say let bygones be bygones. What to forget and how to forget," Thackeray said, referring to the Parliament attack and 26/11 Mumbai terror strike.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boy's heart, brain function halted for cardiac tumour removal!
- Here's what Renuka Shahane has to say about Salman Khan's acquittal in black buck poaching cases
- Mutual fund folio count rises 12.5 lakh to 4.9 crore in June quarter
- Cairn-Vedanta merger to happen by 2016-end: Anil Agarwal
- Withdraw your children from Pakistan schools - India's advisory to diplomats