Convert single lane NHs to double lane: Joshi
Dehra Dun: Union Minister for Road Transport and National Highways CP Joshi has directed officials of the National Highways authority to convert the entire 1463 km stretch of single lane national highways in Uttarakhand into double lane.
Chairing a meeting of national highways authority here last evening, Joshi said the development of highways in Uttarakhand is in the priority list of the Centre, an official release here said.
Expressing his displeasure over the slow pace of progress of work on national highways in the hill state, the Union Minister called for effective coordination among various departments to expedite the work. In this regard, he also asked officials to constitute a monitoring committee under the Chief Secretary.
Joshi said the administration should adopt a humane approach towards farmers and other land owners while acquiring their land.
He said the land owners should be provided a justified compensation for their land. In this regard, he also suggested to establish a separate unit comprising retired experienced experts to look into the matters related to land acquisition and compensation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it