Convert single lane NHs to double lane: Joshi
Dehra Dun: Union Minister for Road Transport and National Highways CP Joshi has directed officials of the National Highways authority to convert the entire 1463 km stretch of single lane national highways in Uttarakhand into double lane.
Chairing a meeting of national highways authority here last evening, Joshi said the development of highways in Uttarakhand is in the priority list of the Centre, an official release here said.
Expressing his displeasure over the slow pace of progress of work on national highways in the hill state, the Union Minister called for effective coordination among various departments to expedite the work. In this regard, he also asked officials to constitute a monitoring committee under the Chief Secretary.
Joshi said the administration should adopt a humane approach towards farmers and other land owners while acquiring their land.
He said the land owners should be provided a justified compensation for their land. In this regard, he also suggested to establish a separate unit comprising retired experienced experts to look into the matters related to land acquisition and compensation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery