Convert single lane NHs to double lane: Joshi
Dehra Dun: Union Minister for Road Transport and National Highways CP Joshi has directed officials of the National Highways authority to convert the entire 1463 km stretch of single lane national highways in Uttarakhand into double lane.
Chairing a meeting of national highways authority here last evening, Joshi said the development of highways in Uttarakhand is in the priority list of the Centre, an official release here said.
Expressing his displeasure over the slow pace of progress of work on national highways in the hill state, the Union Minister called for effective coordination among various departments to expedite the work. In this regard, he also asked officials to constitute a monitoring committee under the Chief Secretary.
Joshi said the administration should adopt a humane approach towards farmers and other land owners while acquiring their land.
He said the land owners should be provided a justified compensation for their land. In this regard, he also suggested to establish a separate unit comprising retired experienced experts to look into the matters related to land acquisition and compensation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Delhi govt introduces 'Change-makers in education' fellowship
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88