Court denies bail to five in CWG case
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Wednesday dismissed the
bail plea of five people, arrested for their alleged roles in
a Commonwealth Games-related corruption case and decided to
hold day-to-day proceedings in the case.
The five accused whose bail pleas were dismissed by
special CBI judge Talwant Singh also included CWG OC General
Secretary Lalit Bhanot.
"The bail pleas of five accused are dismissed. It is also
ordered that soon after the scrutiny of documents is over,
this case will be taken up on day-to-day basis," the judge
The order evoked sharp concerns among lawyers, one of
whom said it will be difficult for them to "adjust the dairy"
as there are other cases like 2G spectrum case where they have
The judge, however, said that after the scrutiny of
documents is over, they would be given "reasonable" time to
adjust their diaries and the case will be then taken up on
"You have to adjust, what else can be done? It is not a
matter smaller than the 2G case. I have requested the Delhi
High Court for reducing the burden of this court. It will be
finally decided by the high court but this case will be heard
on day-to-day basis," the judge said.
The court also dismissed the bail pleas of Joint Director
General (Sports) A S V Prasad, OC`s former Director General
(Procurement) Surjit Lal and former treasurer M Jaychandran
and Hyderabad-based AKR Construction`s promoter A K Reddy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Experts hail Indian Army's surgical strikes on Pakistan
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says