Court extends police custody of `IM operatives`
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Wednesday extended by 10 days the police custody of three suspected Indian Mujahideen (IM) operatives, arrested for their alleged roles in the Pune blast in August this year.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vidya Parkash extended the police custody of Asad Khan, 33, Imran Khan, 31 and Syed Feroze, 38, who police claimed had carried out blasts in Pune in August and had also planned to carry out strikes in Delhi and a temple at Bodh Gaya in Bihar during the Dussehra and Diwali festivals.
While seeking extension of their custody, the police, meanwhile, also told the court that it has arrested a fourth IM operative, involved in the Pune blast case.
The fourth man, arrested from Maharashtra, is in custody of Special Cell till October 30.
The police told the court that Asad, Imran and Syed have to be confronted with this fourth man to unearth the entire conspiracy.
It also told the court that the source of explosives recovered from the trio is yet to be ascertained. Besides this, certain call details have to be retrieved and the forensic opinion on e-mail accounts and e-mails is yet to be received.
The plea for extension of the trio`s police custody was opposed by their counsel M S Khan who said the probe agency should first tell the court as to what it has unearthed during their interrogation in last 20 days.
Asad, who is alleged to be a "recruiter, motivator and IM ideologue" and Imran were arrested on September 26 from their hideout in Pul Prehladpur in South Delhi, while Firoze was apprehended from Nizamuddin Railway station five days later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India