Court seeks CBI`s reply on tagging Swamy`s plea with 2G FIR
New Delhi: A special court Monday asked
the CBI whether Janata Party President Subramanian Swamy`s private complaint in the 2G spectrum case could be tagged with
the agency`s FIR in the case.
Special CBI Judge O P Saini sought response from the
agency by May 4 after Swamy said that he does not have any
problem if his complaint is clubbed with the agency`s FIR.
"The scope of my application (private complaint)
overlaps with the CBI case, but in some cases its ambit is
wider than that of the CBI`s FIR," Swamy told the court.
The court asked Swamy whether he wants his complaint
to be tagged with the CBI FIR.
Swamy said he does not have any problem with it but he
should be made a public prosecutor in the 2G case.
On being asked by the court, CBI prosecutor A K Singh
said that they need at least two weeks time to respond on
The Janata Party chief told the court that he is
willing to assist the CBI and Special Public Prosecutor U U
Lalit, who has been appointed by the Supreme Court as a
prosecutor in this case.
Earlier on March 28, Swamy had told the court that
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M Karunanidhi should also be made an
accused in the 2G spectrum allocation case.
Swamy had told Special CBI Judge O P Saini that he had
written a letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh seeking
sanction for prosecution of Home Minister P Chidambaram in the
He had also sought his appointment as a public
prosecutor to assist the court in holding the trial of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH