Court to hear arguments on March 7 on summoning Shinde
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Monday fixed March 7 for hearing arguments on whether to summon Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde in a defamation case filed against him for his remarks linking BJP and RSS to Hindu terror.
Metropolitan Magistrate Amitabh Rawat fixed the date for arguments after the court took on record all evidence submitted so far in the case.
Earlier, it had recorded the pre-summoning evidence of petitioner V P Kumar after it heard his counsel Monika Arora, who had alleged that the Home Minister had "wilfully" made the "derogatory" remarks to cause "ill will and hatred among communities".
Kumar, in his petition, has alleged that Shinde`s remarks were aimed at "polarising minority votes" in the 2014 general elections.
"The impugned statement is not only defamatory in its natural meaning but also contains the imputation and insinuation that Hindu religion is involved in anti-national and terrorist activities," the petition said, adding the minister "has used the word saffron as synonyms of terrorism, which is totally absurd, wrong, mischievous and defamatory".
According to the petition, Shinde, while addressing an AICC meeting at Jaipur last month, had said, "...We have got an investigation report that be it RSS or BJP, their training camps are promoting Hindu terrorism. We are keeping a strict vigil on all this".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan