Cricket diplomacy part of PM`s agenda: Preneet Kaur
Patiala: Union Minister of State for External Affairs Preneet Kaur on Thursday said that `Cricket Diplomacy` was part of an agenda set by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to build confidence between India and Pakistan.
"We can look beyond cricket diplomacy as it is a continuous process by the Prime Minister to build confidence between both countries," said Kaur.
She was interacting with reporters on the occasion of the 6th death anniversary of former MP Sant Ram Singla at the residence of Sangrur MP Vijay Inder Singla.
"India always wanted peace in the subcontinent and efforts for improving bilateral ties between neighbouring countries are on," said the minister.
On the the presence of Chinese army in POK, she said that External Affairs Minister SM Krishna had already stated that India would take all measures necessary to ensure the
safety and security of people as well as the territorial integrity of the nation.
Asked about the impact on Congress after the formation of a new political party by former finance minister Manpreet Badal, she said, "We don`t have to worry at all as he had
earlier been with the Akali Dal for the last 20 years and it will be a blow to the Akali Dal."
"No doubt he (Badal) has been receiving good response in his public rallies but how much he will be able to transform it into the votes remains to be seen," she quipped.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed