Cricket diplomacy part of PM`s agenda: Preneet Kaur
Patiala: Union Minister of State for External Affairs Preneet Kaur on Thursday said that `Cricket Diplomacy` was part of an agenda set by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to build confidence between India and Pakistan.
"We can look beyond cricket diplomacy as it is a continuous process by the Prime Minister to build confidence between both countries," said Kaur.
She was interacting with reporters on the occasion of the 6th death anniversary of former MP Sant Ram Singla at the residence of Sangrur MP Vijay Inder Singla.
"India always wanted peace in the subcontinent and efforts for improving bilateral ties between neighbouring countries are on," said the minister.
On the the presence of Chinese army in POK, she said that External Affairs Minister SM Krishna had already stated that India would take all measures necessary to ensure the
safety and security of people as well as the territorial integrity of the nation.
Asked about the impact on Congress after the formation of a new political party by former finance minister Manpreet Badal, she said, "We don`t have to worry at all as he had
earlier been with the Akali Dal for the last 20 years and it will be a blow to the Akali Dal."
"No doubt he (Badal) has been receiving good response in his public rallies but how much he will be able to transform it into the votes remains to be seen," she quipped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors
- Awwdorable: Vivek Dahiya singing 'Lag Ja Gale' to Divyanka Tripathi will melt your heart – Watch
- Here's PV Sindhu's REPLY to Telangana deputy CM who offered her a 'better coach' than Pullela Gopichand
- When Smriti Irani was denied cabin crew job for 'lack of good personality' - Know Details
- Health Ministry to start awareness campaign on dengue, chikungunya