CVC to review CBI probe on `Coalgate`
New Delhi: The Central Vigilance Commission will take a stock of CBI probe into the alleged irregularities in the utilisation of coal blocks allocated to private companies between 2006 and 2009.
A meeting of CBI Director A P Singh with Central Vigilance Commissioner Pradeep Kumar is likely to take place soon where the former will give a detailed presentation on the probe conducted so far by the agency.
"The meeting between top brass of CBI and CVC will take place soon where the investigating agency will give a detailed presentation on the probe and future course of action," a source said.
However, no date has been decided yet for the meeting.
CBI has registered two preliminary inquiries in the case, referred to it by CVC after receiving complaints by BJP leaders Prakash Javadekar and Hansraj Ahir who alleged that first-come-first-serve basis was adopted by the government to benefit some private companies.
A report tabled in Parliament by the Comptroller and Auditor General has brought down the estimated loss in the allocation of 142 coal blocks since July, 2004 from Rs 10.7 lakh crore in the draft report to over Rs 1.85 lakh crore.
Officials said the meeting between the heads of CBI and CVC will be crucial as the opposition has been continuously disrupting Parliament for past several days citing irregularities mentioned in the CAG report.
The meeting is routine where CBI will give status of all major cases being probed by it including the alleged irregularities in the allocation of coal blocks," a CVC official said requesting anonymity.
CVC had in May this year referred the case to CBI for further probe.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand