CWG: Lalit Bhanot`s bail plea rejected
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court Tuesday rejected the bail plea of former Commonwealth Games Organising Committee (OC) secretary general Lalit Bhanot, arrested for alleged irregularities in a deal with a Swiss firm for the sporting event last year.
"I find no merit in the bail application moved by the accused Bhanot, therefore his bail application is dismissed," Justice Mukta Gupta said.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) had arrested Bhanot and OC director general V.K. Verma on Feb 23.
Both were arrested for alleged irregularities in awarding a Rs.107 crore contract to Switzerland-based firm Swiss Timing Ltd in procuring the Timing, Scoring and Result (TSR) system for the Commonwealth Games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH