CWG: Lalit Bhanot`s bail plea rejected
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court Tuesday rejected the bail plea of former Commonwealth Games Organising Committee (OC) secretary general Lalit Bhanot, arrested for alleged irregularities in a deal with a Swiss firm for the sporting event last year.
"I find no merit in the bail application moved by the accused Bhanot, therefore his bail application is dismissed," Justice Mukta Gupta said.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) had arrested Bhanot and OC director general V.K. Verma on Feb 23.
Both were arrested for alleged irregularities in awarding a Rs.107 crore contract to Switzerland-based firm Swiss Timing Ltd in procuring the Timing, Scoring and Result (TSR) system for the Commonwealth Games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Mahatma Gandhi: Know six things you didn't know about him
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan