Dalai Lama to be honoured
Dharamsala: Jamia Millia Islamia University will honour Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama with an honorary doctorate degree at its annual convocation in Delhi on Monday.
It will confer the Degree of Doctor of Letters (Honoris Causa) on His Holiness Tenzin Gyatso, the 14th Dalai Lama of Tibet, the spiritual leader`s office here said quoting a communication from the university.
Human Resource Development Minister Kapil Sibal will be the chief guest of the annual convocation to be presided over by the University`s Vice Chancellor Najeeb Jung.
A total of 3,529 degrees and diplomas apart from 147 gold medals and 127 PhD degrees will be awarded as part of the University`s annual convocation, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why