Dalai Lama to be honoured
Dharamsala: Jamia Millia Islamia University will honour Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama with an honorary doctorate degree at its annual convocation in Delhi on Monday.
It will confer the Degree of Doctor of Letters (Honoris Causa) on His Holiness Tenzin Gyatso, the 14th Dalai Lama of Tibet, the spiritual leader`s office here said quoting a communication from the university.
Human Resource Development Minister Kapil Sibal will be the chief guest of the annual convocation to be presided over by the University`s Vice Chancellor Najeeb Jung.
A total of 3,529 degrees and diplomas apart from 147 gold medals and 127 PhD degrees will be awarded as part of the University`s annual convocation, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Attack on union ministers is 'panic reaction' of BJD: Manohar Parrikar
- Arvind Kejriwal pushing Delhi into constitutional crisis: Delhi BJP
- India set to get MTCR membership, NSG option remains open: MEA
- LIVE CRICKET SCORE: ODI Tri-series final — West Indies vs Australia
- Haryana to be open-defecation free by December 2017: Khattar