'Dead' AAP activist Chandra Mohan Sharma is alive!
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Noida: Aam Aadmi Party member Chandra Mohan Sharma, who was found 'burnt to death' in his car in Greater Noida three months ago, has been caught alive.
TV reports quoted Noida Police as saying that Sharma, an RTI activist, was arrested from Bangalore.
The arrest followed reports that the AAP member had been spotted in Nepal. After receiving the inputs, the police had sent teams to Karnataka as well as Nepal and its bordering areas to search for the 38-year-old Sharma suspecting he had staged his death.
A report had quoted Sharma's wife Savita as saying that the activist was allegedly living with a woman. She, too, believed that the AAP member had faked his death.
The police said the burnt body found in the car was of someone else and have now begun looking afresh at the case.
According to Savita, the police tracked down Sharma after putting his mobile on tracker.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!