'Dead' AAP activist Chandra Mohan Sharma is alive!
Noida: Aam Aadmi Party member Chandra Mohan Sharma, who was found 'burnt to death' in his car in Greater Noida three months ago, has been caught alive.
TV reports quoted Noida Police as saying that Sharma, an RTI activist, was arrested from Bangalore.
The arrest followed reports that the AAP member had been spotted in Nepal. After receiving the inputs, the police had sent teams to Karnataka as well as Nepal and its bordering areas to search for the 38-year-old Sharma suspecting he had staged his death.
A report had quoted Sharma's wife Savita as saying that the activist was allegedly living with a woman. She, too, believed that the AAP member had faked his death.
The police said the burnt body found in the car was of someone else and have now begun looking afresh at the case.
According to Savita, the police tracked down Sharma after putting his mobile on tracker.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender