'Dead' AAP activist Chandra Mohan Sharma is alive!
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Noida: Aam Aadmi Party member Chandra Mohan Sharma, who was found 'burnt to death' in his car in Greater Noida three months ago, has been caught alive.
TV reports quoted Noida Police as saying that Sharma, an RTI activist, was arrested from Bangalore.
The arrest followed reports that the AAP member had been spotted in Nepal. After receiving the inputs, the police had sent teams to Karnataka as well as Nepal and its bordering areas to search for the 38-year-old Sharma suspecting he had staged his death.
A report had quoted Sharma's wife Savita as saying that the activist was allegedly living with a woman. She, too, believed that the AAP member had faked his death.
The police said the burnt body found in the car was of someone else and have now begun looking afresh at the case.
According to Savita, the police tracked down Sharma after putting his mobile on tracker.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi