Defence paper leak: Saini in judicial custody till Oct 26
Mumbai: A special CBI court on Wednesday rejected the bail plea of four persons, including two naval officials, and remanded to judicial custody a naval commander, arrested in connection with the defence examination paper leak case.
The Anti Corruption Bureau of CBI had on September 26
arrested four persons - R C Naik and D S Murthi,
administrative officers of Western and Eastern Naval Command,
Rambhir Singh Rawat, a former sailor and owner of Manasa
International Defence recruitment agency in Vishakapatnam and
a teacher Hoshiyar Singh.
Subsequently, naval commander R C Saini was also
arrested. All the five persons have been accused of leaking
the question paper of the lower division clerk examination to
over 130 candidates.
Saini, who was in CBI custody till today, was remanded to
judicial custody till October 26. The court would hear his
bail plea on October 15.
Meanwhile, the court today rejected the bail plea of the
four other accused after observing that at this stage of
investigations they cannot be released on bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!