Delhi gang-rape case: SDM testifies in Juvenile Justice Board
New Delhi: The Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM), who had recorded the statement of the December 16 Delhi gang-rape victim, on Wednesday testified before the Juvenile Justice Board (JJB) here.
However, the male friend of the victim, who was the sole eyewitness to the incident, did not turn up for recording of his statement before the JJB citing personal reasons.
In a related development, Additional Sessions Judge (ASJ) Yogesh Khanna, trying the case of five adult accused, recorded the statement of four police officials who had collected the evidence in the case, including seizing of the bus in which the crime was committed, and the belongings of the victim and her friend.
The four policemen had also collected the clothes of the five accused bus driver Ram Singh and his brother Mukesh, Pawan Gupta, Vinay Sharma, Akshay Singh and the juvenile.
The case against the five accused is being heard on a daily basis in the fast-track court from which the media and public have been barred.
The paramedic student was brutally assaulted in a moving bus by six persons which included the minor too. The juvenile is being tried separately before the Board.
The victim was shifted to a Singapore hospital for treatment where she succumbed to her injuries on December 29.
The judicial officer, who had recorded the statement of the 23-year-old girl at Safdarjung hospital here, deposed as a prosecution witness before JJB Board presided by Principal Magistrate Geetanjali Goel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks