Delhi rape case: US asks to continue fight for women`s rights
Washington: The US on Tuesday said the gang-rape of a student in New Delhi is a powerful and urgent reminder to continue fight against gender-based violence and for women`s rights in India and around the world.
"Like so many in India, we were horrified to learn of the recent violent assault on a young woman and her companion in New Delhi," State Department spokesperson Patrick Ventrell said.
"Our thoughts and prayers are with the victim and her family," he said.
"This incident is a powerful and urgent reminder that we must all continue the fight against gender-based violence and for women`s rights in India and around the world," Ventrell said in response to a question on the Delhi incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days