Delhi rape case: US asks to continue fight for women`s rights
Washington: The US on Tuesday said the gang-rape of a student in New Delhi is a powerful and urgent reminder to continue fight against gender-based violence and for women`s rights in India and around the world.
"Like so many in India, we were horrified to learn of the recent violent assault on a young woman and her companion in New Delhi," State Department spokesperson Patrick Ventrell said.
"Our thoughts and prayers are with the victim and her family," he said.
"This incident is a powerful and urgent reminder that we must all continue the fight against gender-based violence and for women`s rights in India and around the world," Ventrell said in response to a question on the Delhi incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Google rolls out Android Nougat, Nexus phones to get it first
- Watch: Sonakshi Sinha, Remo D'souza's 'Beat Pe Booty' will make you want to hit dance floor too
- Watch: ISIS-style kidnapping of BJP leader's son by ULFA militants in Assam
- Apple boosts health while Microsoft revs machine smarts
- Pfizer boosts cancer drug roster with $14 billion Medivation deal