Delhi rape case: US asks to continue fight for women`s rights
Washington: The US on Tuesday said the gang-rape of a student in New Delhi is a powerful and urgent reminder to continue fight against gender-based violence and for women`s rights in India and around the world.
"Like so many in India, we were horrified to learn of the recent violent assault on a young woman and her companion in New Delhi," State Department spokesperson Patrick Ventrell said.
"Our thoughts and prayers are with the victim and her family," he said.
"This incident is a powerful and urgent reminder that we must all continue the fight against gender-based violence and for women`s rights in India and around the world," Ventrell said in response to a question on the Delhi incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital