Demand for bringing Karmapa to Rumtek
Gangtok: Some Buddhist leaders here have demanded that the 17th Karmpa Ugyen Trinley Dorjee be brought to Rumtek monastery, once given clean chit by the government.
Claiming that the Karmapa has his rightful place at
Rumtek donated by the Chogyals, Karmapa Reception Committee
(KRC) member N T Bhutia said "let our new slogan be K2R
(Karmapa to Rumtek)".
"We must not lose hope but remain positive...The day
he is given a clean chit then he is free to come to Sikkim,"
All Sikkim Tamang Buddhist Association president Kumar Yonzon
said alluding to recent raids at Dharamsala.
"It is the legitimate demand of the followers that
their religious leader is allowed to come and stay at his
original residence," former minister and spokesperson for the
Joint Action Committee formed by monasteries and
non-governmental organizations Thukchuk Lachungpa said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Army troops, insurgents exchange gunfire along Manipur-Myanmar border
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results to be declared today on May 26 (Thursday) on www.tseamcet.in at 11 AM
- World leaders kick off G7 talks with economy, terrorism and refugees in focus
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare