Dense fog disrupts air, rail traffic in Delhi
New Delhi: The national capital was fogged out once again on Saturday morning, leading to disruption in air and rail traffic.
Several flights were delayed at the Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport due to dense fog, bringing back the misery for air travellers.
Fog started to descend on the airport last night and thickened around 11.00 pm, forcing airport authorities to implement low visibility procedures at around 11.20 pm.
A cargo flight was also diverted while schedule of several others were affected this morning, an airport official said.
Flight operations were disrupted due to fog yesterday also.
The dense fog affected train schedules as well, with up to 50 trains delayed.
Poor visibility affected road traffic too in the capital, with traffic moving at snail’s pace on all major roads.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof