Dense fog disrupts air, rail traffic in Delhi
New Delhi: The national capital was fogged out once again on Saturday morning, leading to disruption in air and rail traffic.
Several flights were delayed at the Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport due to dense fog, bringing back the misery for air travellers.
Fog started to descend on the airport last night and thickened around 11.00 pm, forcing airport authorities to implement low visibility procedures at around 11.20 pm.
A cargo flight was also diverted while schedule of several others were affected this morning, an airport official said.
Flight operations were disrupted due to fog yesterday also.
The dense fog affected train schedules as well, with up to 50 trains delayed.
Poor visibility affected road traffic too in the capital, with traffic moving at snail’s pace on all major roads.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16