Dera clashes: Situation in Haryana, Punjab limping back to normalcy
Chandigarh: The situation in violence-hit
parts of Punjab and Haryana was limping back to normalcy
Tuesday with para-military forces personnel conducting flag
marches in sensitive areas following Saturday`s violence by
supporters of Dera Sacha Sauda chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
protesting against registration of a fresh murder case against
The situation in Punjab and Haryana was peaceful and
under control, top police officers of the twin states said
Security personnel conducted flag marches in areas of
Baghapurana, Moga and its adjoining places in Punjab,
officials said here.
Top police brass in the two states reviewed the security
arrangements with officers of para-military forces and
asked them to deal sternly with miscreants to ensure peace at
Tyres of a bus were burnt by miscreants late last night
near the residence of Punjab Finance Minister Manpreet Singh
in Punjab, police said adding timely intervention of security
forces personnel saved the situation.
The paramilitary forces and contingents of policemen in
the two states continued to maintain a tight vigil at the
troubled spots where the followers of the Dera chief had set
afire trains and buses and damaged public property, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark