Dera clashes: Situation in Haryana, Punjab limping back to normalcy
Chandigarh: The situation in violence-hit
parts of Punjab and Haryana was limping back to normalcy
Tuesday with para-military forces personnel conducting flag
marches in sensitive areas following Saturday`s violence by
supporters of Dera Sacha Sauda chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
protesting against registration of a fresh murder case against
The situation in Punjab and Haryana was peaceful and
under control, top police officers of the twin states said
Security personnel conducted flag marches in areas of
Baghapurana, Moga and its adjoining places in Punjab,
officials said here.
Top police brass in the two states reviewed the security
arrangements with officers of para-military forces and
asked them to deal sternly with miscreants to ensure peace at
Tyres of a bus were burnt by miscreants late last night
near the residence of Punjab Finance Minister Manpreet Singh
in Punjab, police said adding timely intervention of security
forces personnel saved the situation.
The paramilitary forces and contingents of policemen in
the two states continued to maintain a tight vigil at the
troubled spots where the followers of the Dera chief had set
afire trains and buses and damaged public property, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?