Dera clashes: Situation in Haryana, Punjab limping back to normalcy
Chandigarh: The situation in violence-hit
parts of Punjab and Haryana was limping back to normalcy
Tuesday with para-military forces personnel conducting flag
marches in sensitive areas following Saturday`s violence by
supporters of Dera Sacha Sauda chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
protesting against registration of a fresh murder case against
The situation in Punjab and Haryana was peaceful and
under control, top police officers of the twin states said
Security personnel conducted flag marches in areas of
Baghapurana, Moga and its adjoining places in Punjab,
officials said here.
Top police brass in the two states reviewed the security
arrangements with officers of para-military forces and
asked them to deal sternly with miscreants to ensure peace at
Tyres of a bus were burnt by miscreants late last night
near the residence of Punjab Finance Minister Manpreet Singh
in Punjab, police said adding timely intervention of security
forces personnel saved the situation.
The paramilitary forces and contingents of policemen in
the two states continued to maintain a tight vigil at the
troubled spots where the followers of the Dera chief had set
afire trains and buses and damaged public property, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened