Dhaka-Delhi ties stronger than ever: Azad
Dhaka: Contending that India`s ties with Bangladesh were stronger than ever before, Union Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad said there was huge scope for cooperation in the health sector, as he called on Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina here on Saturday.
The Minister for Health and Family Welfare is in Bangladesh to attend an international conference on population and development.
"Relations between Bangladesh and India are now stronger than any time in the past," Azad said during the meeting at the prime minister`s official residence, according to Prime Minister`s press secretary Abul Kalam Azad.
The press secretary said that Azad said there was huge scope for expanding cooperation between the two neighbouring countries in the health sector and lauded Hasina`s daughter Saima Wazed`s initiatives to create awareness in the country about autism as an autism expert.
During the meeting, the premier recalled the contributions of India to Bangladesh`s Liberation War in 1971.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Do you want to work for the Narendra Modi Government? Apply here
- Fire in Hauz Khas Village, one found dead
- Premier League 2016-17: Sunderland struggling to match rivals financially, says David Moyes
- England won't force players to tour Bangladesh, says skipper Eoin Morgan
- Uttar Pradesh Speaker to decide on disqualification of Swamy Prasad Maurya