Digvijay Singh drags Sushma Swaraj`s husband in Ishrat Jahan case
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Further stoking the Ishrat Jahan fake encounter controversy, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Wednesday sought to involve the top leadership of the BJP in the case, including veteran LK Advani, Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
Digvijay told a newspaper that the chargesheet in the case, filed by the CBI, mentions the involvement of IB Special Director Rajinder Kumar who had worked closely with Swaraj Kaushal (Sushma Swaraj`s husband) when he was the Mizoram Governor, was posted at IB, Chandigarh, when Modi was general secretary in charge of Himachal Pradesh, and was appointed joint director, IB, Ahmedabad when Advani was the union home minister.
Digvijay said he was not trying to suggest any link between top BJP leaders and Kumar, but merely "stating facts".
He had recently said that the Gujarat cops were working together to raise the pitch and leadership of Modi so that he becomes a hero in the minds of all people who believe that the terrorism and acts of terror are only being done by the Muslims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state