Digvijay to meet Sonia soon to explain position on Naxal issue
New Delhi: AICC General Secretary Digvijay Singh, who had criticised the approach of Home Minister P Chidambaram in tackling the Naxal issue, is likely to explain his position to Congress President Sonia Gandhi soon.
The AICC had disassociated itself from the statement of Singh, who is the General Secretary in-charge of Uttar Pradesh, saying he should have aired his views within the
party forum and not outside it.
Party sources said that after his return from the United States on Monday, Singh has not yet met Gandhi to explain his position on the issue.
It is understood that Singh will also speak to the media on his views on Naxals after his meeting with the Congress President.
Singh had written an article in a newspaper in which he was critical of Chidambaram and his approach in tackling the Naxal menace.
Another Congress leader K Keshav Rao, who is party in-charge of Naxal-hit states of West Bengal and Jharkhand, has also favoured talks with the Maoists rather than only going for application of force.
After Singh wrote the newspaper article, the opposition BJP attacked the Congress and the government, saying that there were different voices within the party and the government on dealing with the Maoists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in