Don`t get emotional over allegation: Soz to Abdullah
New Delhi: In a word of advice to Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, state Congress chief Saifuddin Soz on Tuesday said the National Conference leader should "not get emotional" over the allegation of him being involved in a sex scandal and press for his resignation.
"Mr Abdullah should not get emotional and press for
his resignation. It is an accusation made by the PDP. He
(Abdullah) has not been found guilty by a judge," Soz told
reporters outside Parliament house.
Soz was reacting to accusations by PDP that the Jammu
and Kashmir Chief Minister was involved in the infamous
`Srinagar sex scandal`.
Abdullah on Tuesday offered to resign from the post
after a senior PDP leader made a serious allegation that he
was involved in the 2006 sex scandal.
Soz said people "who are clean" should not be worried
about accusation. "Thankfully we have a good law enforcement
system and a good judiciary. People who are clean should not
be worried about accusation," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday