Don`t play politics over flood relief: Gadkari
Dhanbad (Jharkhand): Describing Uttarakhand floods as a national disaster, senior BJP leader Nitin Gadkari on Saturday said there should be no politics in relief work.
"The incident in Uttarakhand is a national disaster and no party should do politics in the name of relief to stranded persons," Gadkari said adding, BJP activists and leaders are also engaged in providing relief to victims.
Gadkari, who arrived here to take part in BJP`s Jharkhand state council meet at Jharia, while talking to reporters alleged that due to wrong policies of the UPA government, the country has plunged into an unprecedented economic and internal as well as external security crisis.
Import ratio is rapidly increasing and price rise and unemployment are soaring, he said adding, "All these are happening when the country is in the hands of renowned economist Dr Manmohan Singh".
The BJP would give the country an alternative based on good governance, strong economic and industrial environment, he said.
On projection of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as the party`s prime ministerial candidate, Gadkari said BJP is based on principles of democracy and collective leadership.
"The decision on selecting a prime ministerial candidate would be taken at a proper time collectively," he said.
When asked about the Ram Mandir issue, he said it is no longer a political issue as it has become a centre of faith and sentiments of the people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!