Don`t write off Lokpal agitation yet: Patkar
Indore: Social activist Medha Patkar on Sunday said that Anna Hazare-led agitation for strong Lokpal Act may not be dead yet.
"At present one should not draw this conclusion that Anna`s agitation has failed. Many people are in favour of the movement even today and they extend support to it," Patkar said.
"One should wait a little before concluding that the agitation has failed."
It would be wrong to say that Hazare`s supporters had given up the fight, she said, adding that the real problem was that none of the political parties wanted Lokpal Act.
"In view of this, the rising corruption cannot be curbed by focusing only on a particular law," she said.
Patkar, however, said Hazare`s supporters should think it through before entering the electoral politics.
About today`s protest by Arvind Kejriwal and others in front of the residence of Prime Minister on the coal blocks allocation issue, Patkar justified it, saying that a scam in allocation had indeed taken place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch