Don`t write off Lokpal agitation yet: Patkar
Indore: Social activist Medha Patkar on Sunday said that Anna Hazare-led agitation for strong Lokpal Act may not be dead yet.
"At present one should not draw this conclusion that Anna`s agitation has failed. Many people are in favour of the movement even today and they extend support to it," Patkar said.
"One should wait a little before concluding that the agitation has failed."
It would be wrong to say that Hazare`s supporters had given up the fight, she said, adding that the real problem was that none of the political parties wanted Lokpal Act.
"In view of this, the rising corruption cannot be curbed by focusing only on a particular law," she said.
Patkar, however, said Hazare`s supporters should think it through before entering the electoral politics.
About today`s protest by Arvind Kejriwal and others in front of the residence of Prime Minister on the coal blocks allocation issue, Patkar justified it, saying that a scam in allocation had indeed taken place.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'