Don`t write off Lokpal agitation yet: Patkar
Indore: Social activist Medha Patkar on Sunday said that Anna Hazare-led agitation for strong Lokpal Act may not be dead yet.
"At present one should not draw this conclusion that Anna`s agitation has failed. Many people are in favour of the movement even today and they extend support to it," Patkar said.
"One should wait a little before concluding that the agitation has failed."
It would be wrong to say that Hazare`s supporters had given up the fight, she said, adding that the real problem was that none of the political parties wanted Lokpal Act.
"In view of this, the rising corruption cannot be curbed by focusing only on a particular law," she said.
Patkar, however, said Hazare`s supporters should think it through before entering the electoral politics.
About today`s protest by Arvind Kejriwal and others in front of the residence of Prime Minister on the coal blocks allocation issue, Patkar justified it, saying that a scam in allocation had indeed taken place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened