Don`t write off Lokpal agitation yet: Patkar
Indore: Social activist Medha Patkar on Sunday said that Anna Hazare-led agitation for strong Lokpal Act may not be dead yet.
"At present one should not draw this conclusion that Anna`s agitation has failed. Many people are in favour of the movement even today and they extend support to it," Patkar said.
"One should wait a little before concluding that the agitation has failed."
It would be wrong to say that Hazare`s supporters had given up the fight, she said, adding that the real problem was that none of the political parties wanted Lokpal Act.
"In view of this, the rising corruption cannot be curbed by focusing only on a particular law," she said.
Patkar, however, said Hazare`s supporters should think it through before entering the electoral politics.
About today`s protest by Arvind Kejriwal and others in front of the residence of Prime Minister on the coal blocks allocation issue, Patkar justified it, saying that a scam in allocation had indeed taken place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- Records aside, US Open getting personal for Serena Williams
- World Risk Report 2016: India ranks 77th in world disaster risk index
- SC restrains Tamil Nadu Police from arresting expelled AIADMK MP
- Swaraj seeks report from Indian consulate on death of workers
- Pakistan to keep border crossing with Afghanistan shut till apology