Doors of discussion open between Home Minister, BJP: Cong
New Delhi: Amid BJP`s stepped up attack on Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde over his saffron terror remarks ahead of Parliament`s Budget Session, Congress on Wednesday struck a conciliatory note, saying doors of discussion were open between Shinde and BJP leader Sushma Swaraj on the issue.
Maintaining that the Home Minister has already clarified his remarks, party spokesperson Sandip Dikshit rued "some of the leaders in the main Opposition party are unnecessarily pressing the point to make political mileage out of it".
The party also gave broad indications that a compromise formula on the issue is on the way as it is keen on smooth functioning of the session beginning tomorrow.
After the all-party meeting convened today by Speaker Meira Kumar, BJP veteran L K Advani had said, "Both sides will make efforts to find a way out for the House to function."
BJP President Rajnath Singh had earlier said, "This comment of the Home Minister is part of a conspiracy to divide the nation for votebank politics".
Leader of the Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley had said Congress was indulging in "communal polarisation" through such remarks while Swaraj had said that if BJP was training terrorists then she should cease to be the Leader of the Opposition and BJP members should not be allowed in Parliament.
The Congress spokesperson, however, sought to downplay Swaraj`s remarks, saying, "that is her point of view" and that there was no such statement from Congress.
Shinde is likely to talk to Swaraj and issue a statement to find a way out to ensure smooth functioning of Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble