Duronto to do away with AC Economy class
New Delhi: The non-stop Duronto trains will
no longer have old coaches with side-middle berth, known as AC
The Nagpur-Mumbai Duronto express and the
Bhubaneswar-Delhi Duronto scheduled to be launched shortly
will not have any AC economy class coach. They will have only
AC and non-AC coaches.
AC economy class fare is Rs 50 less than the AC III
"Now onwards, all new Duronto trains will be without AC
economy class as we have decided to discontinue it. As per our
feedback, it seems to be causing inconvenience to passengers,"
sources in railways said.
Initially, there was also no plan for AC economy class in
"Since new coaches could not be ready for the early
launch of Duronto trains, these old coaches with middle side
berths were made available to meet the deadline," the sources
However, the existing AC economy class coaches in some
Duronto trains like Sealdah-New Delhi, Mumbai-Howrah and
Pune-Nizamuddin Duronto trains will continue for some time
before they are being phased out.
The Nagpur-Mumbai Duronto coaches are ready for roll out
with its inaugural run scheduled for early next month.
All coaches of the Nagpur Duronto are being dispatched to
Nagpur for the launching ceremony, while Bhunaneswar Duronto
coaches are being readied, the sources said.
Barring a few hitches like middle-side berth coaches, the
Duronto trains have become very popular since its launch more
than a month ago.
Railways have announced to introduce 12 Duronto trains
out of which four are being launched.
Railways are also increasing the capacity of pantry cars
in Duronto trains.
"Since we have to provide meals to about 1000 passengers
per trip in this non-stop superfast train, the capacity of
pantry cars is required to be enhanced," said a senior IRCTC
official involved with the catering service in Duronto trains.
"We are requisitioning new design high-capacity pantry
cars because the old pantry cars have less capacity for
boilers, hot cases, freezers and deep freezers which are
creating problem to cater to the growing demand for fresh and
hot food," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Batla House encounter was not fake: Shivraj Patil
- Ekadanta Sankashti Chaturthi Vrat—Significance, Tithi and Timings!
- Guru Granth Sahib desecration in Faridkot: Provide information, get Rs 10 lakh from CBI - Here are details
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be announced soon
- Check Mahresults.nic.in for HSC Results 2016 Maharashtra Board, MSBSHSE class 12th XII Exam Results 2016