EC to deploy special observers for first time
New Delhi: The Election Commission will for the first time deploy special observers to oversee the management of the electoral process at the field level for the Lok Sabha polls.
The central awareness observers will oversee the efficient and effective management of the electoral process at the field level, mainly in respect of voter awareness and facilitation, Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) VS Sampath said at a press conference here held to announce the poll dates Wednesday.
"Awareness observers will be deployed in two phases of seven days each and shall observe the intervention undertaken by the election machinery to bridge the gap in people`s participation in the electoral process particularly with regard to voter turnout," he said.
The observers will also monitor the various media related aspects and the mechanism at district levels on checking the problem of paid news.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Muslims have always been a part of America: Obama
- Google honours legendary singer Mukesh with a doodle on 93rd birth anniversary
- Start Brexit negotiations as soon as possible: Hollande urges Britain
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva