ED allowed to quiz hawala kingpin in custody for 4 more days
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Friday allowed
the Enforcement Directorate, probing the money trail of
alleged hawala kingpin Naresh Kumar Jain, to quiz him for four
more days to unravel the case.
The probe agency, which produced Jain before District
and Sessions Judge P S Teji on conclusion of his
three-day custodial interrogation, said the probe was
"The accused was required to be confronted with seized
documents and the probe agency be given another opportunity to
interrogate him for four more days in custody," Naveen Kumar
Matta, special prosecutor of ED, said.
The court allowed the plea and remanded the accused to
police custody till December 21.
Earlier, ED had charged Jain was involved in a very
serious crime of laundering proceeds of narcotics drugs to
India and other parts of the world.
The agency has lodged a case against Jain under the
Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) following his arrest
by the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) on December 6 for
allegedly financing and transporting narcotics drugs.
Besides Jain, his other family members are under the
scanner of the ED for allegedly laundering money derived from
Jain, who used to run M/s Kumar Trading Company in
Dubai, was arrested there also after it came to light that
sale proceeds of drugs, running into crores of rupees, were
credited in the firm`s account, the agency said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced