ED allowed to quiz hawala kingpin in custody for 4 more days
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Friday allowed
the Enforcement Directorate, probing the money trail of
alleged hawala kingpin Naresh Kumar Jain, to quiz him for four
more days to unravel the case.
The probe agency, which produced Jain before District
and Sessions Judge P S Teji on conclusion of his
three-day custodial interrogation, said the probe was
"The accused was required to be confronted with seized
documents and the probe agency be given another opportunity to
interrogate him for four more days in custody," Naveen Kumar
Matta, special prosecutor of ED, said.
The court allowed the plea and remanded the accused to
police custody till December 21.
Earlier, ED had charged Jain was involved in a very
serious crime of laundering proceeds of narcotics drugs to
India and other parts of the world.
The agency has lodged a case against Jain under the
Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) following his arrest
by the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) on December 6 for
allegedly financing and transporting narcotics drugs.
Besides Jain, his other family members are under the
scanner of the ED for allegedly laundering money derived from
Jain, who used to run M/s Kumar Trading Company in
Dubai, was arrested there also after it came to light that
sale proceeds of drugs, running into crores of rupees, were
credited in the firm`s account, the agency said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video