Eighty percent students clear CBSE exams
New Delhi: Over 80 per cent students Monday cleared the 2012 Class XII CBSE examinations, with girls once again outshining the boys and the Chennai region beating others in the overall pass percentage.
The results were declared across the country today, with the total pass percentage standing at 80.19 per cent, a fall of 0.69 per cent over last year, said a statement issued by the CBSE.
In all, 8,15,749 students registered for the Class XII examination this year, which was also an increase of about 5.94 per cent over 2011.
Girls continued to fare better than boys with 86.21 per cent clearing the exam as compared to 75.80 per cent boys.
Among the regions, Chennai once again put up the best performance with a pass percentage of 90.59. Last year, the pass percentage of Chennai was 91.32.
Pass percentage of regular students stood at 82.51 as compared to 38.85 in case of private/patrachar (correspondence) candidates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation