Electric locomotives to sport new look
New Delhi: Shedding its traditional look,
Railways have decided to change the colour code of its
high-powered electric locomotives from all-white to more
The state-of-art WAP 7 locomotive, which has an
all-white look with a red margin at the bottom, would go for a
"We would change its look and cover it with vinyl
wrappings matching the colour code of Duranto class of
trains," Railway officials said.
The new colours will be sported by five of the WAP 7
locomotives, which haul the Duranto trains, and are housed in
the electric locomotive shed in Ghaziabad.
"With this latest exercise, our endeavour is that the
look of the engine as well as the unique colour code of
Duronto trains gel with each other," the officials said.
Railways have already floated a tender in this regard
and hope that the new engines will be on track by the new
However, there are no plans to change the look of
other class of locomotives at present.
Railways had recently decided to allow advertisers to
utilise space in the interior and exterior of premium trains
like Rajdhani and Shatabdis with the provisions of vinyl
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'