Electric locomotives to sport new look
New Delhi: Shedding its traditional look,
Railways have decided to change the colour code of its
high-powered electric locomotives from all-white to more
The state-of-art WAP 7 locomotive, which has an
all-white look with a red margin at the bottom, would go for a
"We would change its look and cover it with vinyl
wrappings matching the colour code of Duranto class of
trains," Railway officials said.
The new colours will be sported by five of the WAP 7
locomotives, which haul the Duranto trains, and are housed in
the electric locomotive shed in Ghaziabad.
"With this latest exercise, our endeavour is that the
look of the engine as well as the unique colour code of
Duronto trains gel with each other," the officials said.
Railways have already floated a tender in this regard
and hope that the new engines will be on track by the new
However, there are no plans to change the look of
other class of locomotives at present.
Railways had recently decided to allow advertisers to
utilise space in the interior and exterior of premium trains
like Rajdhani and Shatabdis with the provisions of vinyl
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption
- Indian ISIS operative says he met Paris bombing accused in Iraq last year