Enactment of law needed against terror acts: Judge
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh High Court Judge Samudrala Govindarajulu has stressed the need for enactment of law to deal with terrorist activities in the country.
"There is every need for this country to have an enactment (of law) to deal with grave situations like terrorist activities and threats to internal security. No doubt every Act is liable to be misused by the vested interests. But, we have to see that misuse, if any, is checked," he said.
Speaking at the inauguration of Centre for Human Security Studies here last evening, Justice Govindarajulu further emphasised the need for surveying the country`s borders in view of security "threat".
Even though there is effective security on the Pakistan and Bangladesh border, there is none along the Nepal border, he said.
"I think it is high time for our country to survey the borders...It is not that they are not surveying, but there is a need to take more effective steps in this regard," Justice Govindarajulu added.
"We are maintaining very good relations with all our neighbouring countries...Whether they reciprocate it or not," he said, adding that India is the best example of democracy across the globe, though its neighbours are always threatened by political instability.
US Consul General in Hyderabad Katherine Dhanani also spoke on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know how long Sonu Nigam sang on the streets for the ‘beggar’ video
- Know what Irrfan Khan has to say about Marathi blockbuster ‘Sairat’
- Louis van Gaal axed by Manchester United as Jose Mourinho waits in wings
- President Pranab Mukherjee sets off on 4-day visit to China today
- Will Mika Singh's guest appearance on 'The Kapil Sharma Show' cost him 'Comedy Nights LIVE'?