Enactment of law needed against terror acts: Judge
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh High Court Judge Samudrala Govindarajulu has stressed the need for enactment of law to deal with terrorist activities in the country.
"There is every need for this country to have an enactment (of law) to deal with grave situations like terrorist activities and threats to internal security. No doubt every Act is liable to be misused by the vested interests. But, we have to see that misuse, if any, is checked," he said.
Speaking at the inauguration of Centre for Human Security Studies here last evening, Justice Govindarajulu further emphasised the need for surveying the country`s borders in view of security "threat".
Even though there is effective security on the Pakistan and Bangladesh border, there is none along the Nepal border, he said.
"I think it is high time for our country to survey the borders...It is not that they are not surveying, but there is a need to take more effective steps in this regard," Justice Govindarajulu added.
"We are maintaining very good relations with all our neighbouring countries...Whether they reciprocate it or not," he said, adding that India is the best example of democracy across the globe, though its neighbours are always threatened by political instability.
US Consul General in Hyderabad Katherine Dhanani also spoke on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Euro 2016: Italy`s Antonio Candreva to miss pre-quarters clash with Spain
- India has a very big infrastructure programme: Arun Jaitley
- Germany's Merkel calls for sober EU divorce talks with 'partner' Britain
- Sanjay Bangar, Abhay Sharma named as support staff to Indian cricket coach Anil Kumble
- Russia, regime strikes kill 47 in east Syria: Monitor