Enactment of law needed against terror acts: Judge
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh High Court Judge Samudrala Govindarajulu has stressed the need for enactment of law to deal with terrorist activities in the country.
"There is every need for this country to have an enactment (of law) to deal with grave situations like terrorist activities and threats to internal security. No doubt every Act is liable to be misused by the vested interests. But, we have to see that misuse, if any, is checked," he said.
Speaking at the inauguration of Centre for Human Security Studies here last evening, Justice Govindarajulu further emphasised the need for surveying the country`s borders in view of security "threat".
Even though there is effective security on the Pakistan and Bangladesh border, there is none along the Nepal border, he said.
"I think it is high time for our country to survey the borders...It is not that they are not surveying, but there is a need to take more effective steps in this regard," Justice Govindarajulu added.
"We are maintaining very good relations with all our neighbouring countries...Whether they reciprocate it or not," he said, adding that India is the best example of democracy across the globe, though its neighbours are always threatened by political instability.
US Consul General in Hyderabad Katherine Dhanani also spoke on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof