Enactment of law needed against terror acts: Judge
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh High Court Judge Samudrala Govindarajulu has stressed the need for enactment of law to deal with terrorist activities in the country.
"There is every need for this country to have an enactment (of law) to deal with grave situations like terrorist activities and threats to internal security. No doubt every Act is liable to be misused by the vested interests. But, we have to see that misuse, if any, is checked," he said.
Speaking at the inauguration of Centre for Human Security Studies here last evening, Justice Govindarajulu further emphasised the need for surveying the country`s borders in view of security "threat".
Even though there is effective security on the Pakistan and Bangladesh border, there is none along the Nepal border, he said.
"I think it is high time for our country to survey the borders...It is not that they are not surveying, but there is a need to take more effective steps in this regard," Justice Govindarajulu added.
"We are maintaining very good relations with all our neighbouring countries...Whether they reciprocate it or not," he said, adding that India is the best example of democracy across the globe, though its neighbours are always threatened by political instability.
US Consul General in Hyderabad Katherine Dhanani also spoke on the occasion.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump