Engine decouples from Rajdhani Express
Bokaro: Passengers of the New Delhi-Bhubaneswar Rajdhani Express on Thursday had a providential escape when the engine decoupled near Bokaro station, railway sources said.
As per initial report, the incident occurred due to detachment of engine’s coupling. All the passengers are safe, train superintendent VK Sharma told a news agency correspondent who
was travelling by the train.
The train, which was running slowly came to a halt after rolling about a few hundred metres, as the engine detached nearly 20 km from Bokaro station, sources said.
The train was stranded for over an hour near Teno area before an engine was attached for its onward journey, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre