Europe snow disrupts Delhi flights
New Delhi: Snowstorms and freezing temperatures across Europe led to chaos at Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport on Friday.
According to reports, 19 flights from Delhi got delayed yesterday.
Britain is labouring under its worst early winter weather in almost two decades, with Edinburgh airport and London`s Gatwick airport closed.
Airport officials said that Delhi-London schedule suffered the most, with four outbound and six inbound flights getting delayed by up to four hours.
Flight movement to and from France was also affected due to harsh weather in Europe, with two outbound and three inbound flights getting delayed by two hours.
Flights scheduled to fly to and from Istanbul, Zurich, and Amsterdam were also affected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!