Europe snow disrupts Delhi flights
New Delhi: Snowstorms and freezing temperatures across Europe led to chaos at Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport on Friday.
According to reports, 19 flights from Delhi got delayed yesterday.
Britain is labouring under its worst early winter weather in almost two decades, with Edinburgh airport and London`s Gatwick airport closed.
Airport officials said that Delhi-London schedule suffered the most, with four outbound and six inbound flights getting delayed by up to four hours.
Flight movement to and from France was also affected due to harsh weather in Europe, with two outbound and three inbound flights getting delayed by two hours.
Flights scheduled to fly to and from Istanbul, Zurich, and Amsterdam were also affected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what