Europe snow disrupts Delhi flights
New Delhi: Snowstorms and freezing temperatures across Europe led to chaos at Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport on Friday.
According to reports, 19 flights from Delhi got delayed yesterday.
Britain is labouring under its worst early winter weather in almost two decades, with Edinburgh airport and London`s Gatwick airport closed.
Airport officials said that Delhi-London schedule suffered the most, with four outbound and six inbound flights getting delayed by up to four hours.
Flight movement to and from France was also affected due to harsh weather in Europe, with two outbound and three inbound flights getting delayed by two hours.
Flights scheduled to fly to and from Istanbul, Zurich, and Amsterdam were also affected.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics