Ex-Army chief undecided on joining Anna-Ramdev
Gurgaon: Former Army chief VK Singh on Saturday said he is yet to make up his mind on joining any anti-corruption movement.
"I have not decided anything yet. I am still working on my own. I have come here in my own area. This is my mother`s place. We will see what happens," Singh, who had locked horns with the government, said here.
He was asked if he had made up his mind on either joining Team Anna or Ramdev`s anti-corruption movements.
The former Army chief`s statement contradicts the claim of yoga guru Ramdev`s spokesperson that Singh is set to join their anti-corruption movement over the next few weeks.
"Yes," Ramdev`s spokesperson SK Tijariwala had said yesterday when asked about the possibility of Singh joining the movement over the next few weeks.
Reacting to it, Law Minister Salman Khurshid had said yesterday that "VK Singh can don any role now after he has finished his term with the Army. I hope he gives his right date of birth before joining movement. Any officer is free to take up any role after his tenure is over in the Army."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH