Explosives seized in Bihar, Assam
Patna/Guwahati: In two major hauls in
eastern India, around two lakh detonators being smuggled to
Nepal were seized in Bihar while 125 kg of Neogel-90
explosives, the type used in the 2008 Jaipur blasts, were
confiscated in Assam on Thursday.
In Bihar, police intercepted a truck carrying the
detonators, which were to be smuggled to Nepal through the
border at Raxaul in East Champaran district, near Hartali
Chowk in Patna last night on a tipoff, officials said.
Invoices from the Rajasthan Explosive and Chemicals
Limited consigned for the Synergic Power Development Private
Limited in Nepal were seized. The driver and helper of the
truck were arrested and being interrogated.
In Assam, the Neogel-90 explosives stocked in four
cartons were seized by CRPF and Assam Police from a truck at
Khelmati outpost enroute to Along in Arunachal Pradesh from
Lakhimpur during the day, police said.
The driver and seven persons on board the truck were
During interrogation, the driver claimed a person had
hired the truck, loaded the explosives and directed him to
deliver it in Lakhimpur.
The explosives could have been destined for NSCN-K,
NDFB or ULFA as all three are active in the area, sources
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan