Explosives seized in Bihar, Assam
Patna/Guwahati: In two major hauls in
eastern India, around two lakh detonators being smuggled to
Nepal were seized in Bihar while 125 kg of Neogel-90
explosives, the type used in the 2008 Jaipur blasts, were
confiscated in Assam on Thursday.
In Bihar, police intercepted a truck carrying the
detonators, which were to be smuggled to Nepal through the
border at Raxaul in East Champaran district, near Hartali
Chowk in Patna last night on a tipoff, officials said.
Invoices from the Rajasthan Explosive and Chemicals
Limited consigned for the Synergic Power Development Private
Limited in Nepal were seized. The driver and helper of the
truck were arrested and being interrogated.
In Assam, the Neogel-90 explosives stocked in four
cartons were seized by CRPF and Assam Police from a truck at
Khelmati outpost enroute to Along in Arunachal Pradesh from
Lakhimpur during the day, police said.
The driver and seven persons on board the truck were
During interrogation, the driver claimed a person had
hired the truck, loaded the explosives and directed him to
deliver it in Lakhimpur.
The explosives could have been destined for NSCN-K,
NDFB or ULFA as all three are active in the area, sources
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption