Falak case: MHA seeks report from Delhi Police
New Delhi: The Union Home Ministry on Tuesday ordered the Delhi Police and Rajasthan government to submit a detailed report in Baby Falak’s case and termed it as a case of
"It is a case of human trafficking. We are seeking report
from the Delhi Police," Additional Secretary in the Home
Ministry B Bhamathi told reporters here.
Bhamathi said the Delhi Police was probing the case to find out the people responsible for the pathetic condition of the baby.
"They are investigating. If anyone found guilty, action
will be taken," she said.
The demand came a day after Delhi Police traced Falak’s mother Munni to Jhunjunu in Rajasthan and brought her to Delhi on Sunday night. According to the police, the mother was also a victim of a racket as that sold her off in marriage. Munni belongs to Muzzaffarpur in Bihar.
However, Munni, who claims to be Falak’s mother, will not be able to meet the two-year-old till DNA tests prove she is the biological parent, police said.
The 22-year-old woman, Munni, who is also being treated as a victim in the case, claims to have abandoned Falak in September last year.
Meanwhile, Falak is still critical and fighting for life at AIIMS.
"Falak is still critical, there has been no major decline or significant improvement in her condition. We are continuously administering antibiotics and waiting for the culture report," Deepak Agrawal, assistant professor, neurosurgery, at the AIIMS Trauma Centre said.
Falak was admitted to AIIMS Jan 18 with severe head injuries and bite marks all over her face. She was brought by a 14-year-old girl who is now in a juvenile home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy