Falak case: MHA seeks report from Delhi Police
New Delhi: The Union Home Ministry on Tuesday ordered the Delhi Police and Rajasthan government to submit a detailed report in Baby Falak’s case and termed it as a case of
"It is a case of human trafficking. We are seeking report
from the Delhi Police," Additional Secretary in the Home
Ministry B Bhamathi told reporters here.
Bhamathi said the Delhi Police was probing the case to find out the people responsible for the pathetic condition of the baby.
"They are investigating. If anyone found guilty, action
will be taken," she said.
The demand came a day after Delhi Police traced Falak’s mother Munni to Jhunjunu in Rajasthan and brought her to Delhi on Sunday night. According to the police, the mother was also a victim of a racket as that sold her off in marriage. Munni belongs to Muzzaffarpur in Bihar.
However, Munni, who claims to be Falak’s mother, will not be able to meet the two-year-old till DNA tests prove she is the biological parent, police said.
The 22-year-old woman, Munni, who is also being treated as a victim in the case, claims to have abandoned Falak in September last year.
Meanwhile, Falak is still critical and fighting for life at AIIMS.
"Falak is still critical, there has been no major decline or significant improvement in her condition. We are continuously administering antibiotics and waiting for the culture report," Deepak Agrawal, assistant professor, neurosurgery, at the AIIMS Trauma Centre said.
Falak was admitted to AIIMS Jan 18 with severe head injuries and bite marks all over her face. She was brought by a 14-year-old girl who is now in a juvenile home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information