Falak taken out from ICU; may be discharged soon
New Delhi: Two-year-old girl child Falak, who
was brought to hospital in a battered state two months back,
was on Friday shifted from an ICU to the children`s ward after
doctors at AIIMS found her medical condition stable.
Doctors at the AIIMS Trauma Centre, attending on her
since the past 45 days, also said Falak will be discharged
soon if she continues to show improvement in her medical
"We shifted her to the ward today. She is doing fine. We
have removed the plaster from her hands and she is moving her
limbs. She cries badly when anyone goes close to her. Another
two to three days and we can declare her fit to be discharged.
Sadly, we do not have the legal right to discharge her as she
has no takers yet," said Dr Deepak Agarwal, who has been
attending on the girl child since she was admitted to the
AIIMS Trauma Centre on January 18.
Moved by Falak`s plight, Indians as well people from
the US and Canada have approached doctors, expressing their
desire to adopt her.
"We have received a lot of mails but we have no right to
hand her over to anyone. It all depends on the government
authorities to decide for her," he said.
Falak was brought to the hospital with severe head
injuries, broken arms, bite marks all over her body and cheeks
branded with hot iron. Doctors have conducted five life saving
surgeries on her.
"Even if we discharge her, the tracheostomy and the food
pipe will stay in her body to help her," Dr Agarwal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical