Falak`s grandparents say kids were sold by father
Muzaffarpur: In a new twist to the battered baby case, her maternal grandparents on Saturday charged her father Shah Hussain with selling his wife and her three children, including Falak, into flesh trade.
"Our son-in-law Shah Hussain sold Munni and her three children to those involved in flesh trade," Munni`s mother Samuel Nisha and father Md Janul, a retired railway employee, said.
Samuel Nisha and Md Jamul, residents of Maripur in Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district, said that the original name of Munni was Fijan Khatoon alias Munni and her husband Shah Hussain was a resident of Silauth village in the district.
"Our son-in-law Shah Hussain is the real culprit", they claimed and said, "We are shocked and stunned".
"We are now feeling uneasy and restless after coming to know that Shah Hussain sold Munni and her three children to brokers and those involved in illegal flesh trade in Delhi", they said and demanded justice.
In a major breakthrough in the baby Falak case, the Delhi police arrested the key accused, Rajkumar. The police managed to arrest the man while he was trying to flee the capital.
Meanwhile, a woman named Pratima was also arrested. She was a part of the human trafficking racket that allegedly exploited the 14-year-old teenager who brought baby Falak to AIIMS in a battered and badly bruised condition on January 18.
Rajkumar`s arrest was crucial, police said as he was the only missing link in the case. The police also arrested eight others in connection with the case.
The police claimed it was probing a "baby trafficking" angle to the case apart from prostitution and human trafficking.
Rajkumar abandoned baby Falak and left her with the 14-year-old teenager who brought her to AIIMS for treatment for severe head and body injuries.
Falak had a fractured skull, bruises and human bite marks all over her tiny frame. The teenager claimed to be her mother, which drew the suspicion of doctors. The girl has now been sent to a juvenile home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy