FDI in retail: NDA to hold countrywide protest
New Delhi: BJP-led NDA will hold a country-wide protest on September 20 protesting against the central government`s decision to hike diesel price and allow FDI in multi-brand retail.
Announcing the alliance`s decision here, BJP leader LK Advani said "NDA today decided to hold a nation-wide strike on 20th of this month. I am sure that the suffocation felt by the people for a long time is about to come to an end."
Addressing the press with Sushma Swaraj and other senior leaders of the coalition, he said "it would be prudent and wise for the government itself to decide that they do not wait till 2014 for the people to give their opinion about the UPA government. Let them call for an early election. Let the people make a decision."
Stating that the government should be allowed to rethink over all its acts, the BJP leader said "if they are able to do that on their own by giving resignation-- the Lok Sabha elections are also due shortly-- I think it will be fine."
He said no political party`s consent was taken by the government before making these announcements.
"They have not consulted any political party and Chief Minister and have announced this suddenly. This is something which the country is not going to take lying down," Advani said.
He said NDA leaders have talked "informally" to other political parties and "I think the 20th September strike will be spontaneous and successful".
"This is the betrayal of Parliament, people and thousands of traders in the country," Advani alleged.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata