FDI in retail: NDA to hold countrywide protest
New Delhi: BJP-led NDA will hold a country-wide protest on September 20 protesting against the central government`s decision to hike diesel price and allow FDI in multi-brand retail.
Announcing the alliance`s decision here, BJP leader LK Advani said "NDA today decided to hold a nation-wide strike on 20th of this month. I am sure that the suffocation felt by the people for a long time is about to come to an end."
Addressing the press with Sushma Swaraj and other senior leaders of the coalition, he said "it would be prudent and wise for the government itself to decide that they do not wait till 2014 for the people to give their opinion about the UPA government. Let them call for an early election. Let the people make a decision."
Stating that the government should be allowed to rethink over all its acts, the BJP leader said "if they are able to do that on their own by giving resignation-- the Lok Sabha elections are also due shortly-- I think it will be fine."
He said no political party`s consent was taken by the government before making these announcements.
"They have not consulted any political party and Chief Minister and have announced this suddenly. This is something which the country is not going to take lying down," Advani said.
He said NDA leaders have talked "informally" to other political parties and "I think the 20th September strike will be spontaneous and successful".
"This is the betrayal of Parliament, people and thousands of traders in the country," Advani alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray