FDI in retail: NDA to hold countrywide protest
New Delhi: BJP-led NDA will hold a country-wide protest on September 20 protesting against the central government`s decision to hike diesel price and allow FDI in multi-brand retail.
Announcing the alliance`s decision here, BJP leader LK Advani said "NDA today decided to hold a nation-wide strike on 20th of this month. I am sure that the suffocation felt by the people for a long time is about to come to an end."
Addressing the press with Sushma Swaraj and other senior leaders of the coalition, he said "it would be prudent and wise for the government itself to decide that they do not wait till 2014 for the people to give their opinion about the UPA government. Let them call for an early election. Let the people make a decision."
Stating that the government should be allowed to rethink over all its acts, the BJP leader said "if they are able to do that on their own by giving resignation-- the Lok Sabha elections are also due shortly-- I think it will be fine."
He said no political party`s consent was taken by the government before making these announcements.
"They have not consulted any political party and Chief Minister and have announced this suddenly. This is something which the country is not going to take lying down," Advani said.
He said NDA leaders have talked "informally" to other political parties and "I think the 20th September strike will be spontaneous and successful".
"This is the betrayal of Parliament, people and thousands of traders in the country," Advani alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH