FDI will push country towards economic slavery: Baba Ramdev
Lucknow: Firing a fresh salvo on Congress, Yoga guru Baba Ramdev on Saturday alleged that the decision of Centre to allow FDI in multi-brand retail will ruin the future of country`s farmers and push India towards economic slavery.
"They are playing with the future of five crore retail traders, 25 crore people associated with them and around 75 crore farmers.
They are not even ashamed," he alleged while speaking at a function here.
Alleging that FDI was brought under US pressure, Ramdev accused Congress of taking the country towards economic slavery.
"Earlier Congress used to give slogans that `Congress ka haath aam aadmi ke saath`, Now I say Congress ka haath Walmart ke saath, with foreign companies. They have no love for country and are taking it towards economic slavery," he alleged.
"US expressed happiness the moment FDI came here. They will, because their people are sitting here," he said.
He claimed voting in favour of FDI in both Houses of Parliament was not the victory of FDI, but "the victory of CBI".
On the issue of black money, Ramdev said the huge sum lying in foreign banks can bridge country`s financial deficits if brought back to the country.
He also praised CAG Vinod Rai for "exposing scams".
On his future strategy, Ramdev said he will tell about it "when time comes", and insisted that they are "fully prepared" to play an "important role".
He urged people to ensure that not a single Congress candidate wins in Lok Sabha elections.
"This time vote where Baba says," he said.
On quota issue, Ramdev said time has come when emphasis should be given on representation instead of reservation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview