FDI will push country towards economic slavery: Baba Ramdev
Lucknow: Firing a fresh salvo on Congress, Yoga guru Baba Ramdev on Saturday alleged that the decision of Centre to allow FDI in multi-brand retail will ruin the future of country`s farmers and push India towards economic slavery.
"They are playing with the future of five crore retail traders, 25 crore people associated with them and around 75 crore farmers.
They are not even ashamed," he alleged while speaking at a function here.
Alleging that FDI was brought under US pressure, Ramdev accused Congress of taking the country towards economic slavery.
"Earlier Congress used to give slogans that `Congress ka haath aam aadmi ke saath`, Now I say Congress ka haath Walmart ke saath, with foreign companies. They have no love for country and are taking it towards economic slavery," he alleged.
"US expressed happiness the moment FDI came here. They will, because their people are sitting here," he said.
He claimed voting in favour of FDI in both Houses of Parliament was not the victory of FDI, but "the victory of CBI".
On the issue of black money, Ramdev said the huge sum lying in foreign banks can bridge country`s financial deficits if brought back to the country.
He also praised CAG Vinod Rai for "exposing scams".
On his future strategy, Ramdev said he will tell about it "when time comes", and insisted that they are "fully prepared" to play an "important role".
He urged people to ensure that not a single Congress candidate wins in Lok Sabha elections.
"This time vote where Baba says," he said.
On quota issue, Ramdev said time has come when emphasis should be given on representation instead of reservation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister