‘Feku’ at his best: Digvijay Singh on Narendra Modi
Zee Media Bureau/ Neha Attre
New Delhi: Reacting to Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi’s slamming UPA government, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh retorted and said that it is ‘feku’ at his best.
Reacting to Modi’s claim that the growth rate was 8.4 per cent when NDA was in power but came down to 4.8 per cent during UPA’s rule, he tweeted, “FEKU MODI at his best. Giving fake figures of growth during NDA regime.”
Digvijay also said that UPA gives details of its every project on yearly basis and asked Modi to take a look at UPA’s website.
“UPA giving its report card every year on every issue. Would Modi pl get his team to look at the UPA Govt website,” Digvijay tweeted after Modi asked the UPA to reveal its report card.
He further tweeted that UPA had fulfilled all the promises that it made to the people. “Empowered people by giving Rights on Information,Education,Food Security to Women Tribals and to Work,” he tweeted.
Digvijay took a dig at Modi and said that the BJP prime ministerial candidate only knows how to empower himself and backs the underprivileged class unlike Congress which empowers people and supports the under-previliged.
“Good to hear Modi talking about Inclusive Politics. But can a leopard change its spots?”, he further tweeted.
He further challenged Modi to debate on the issues of governance and development with any Congress leader.
Taking a dig at Modi’s claim that people want BJP government to see the positive change, Digvijay referred to the Godhara riots that took place in Gujarat and other corruption cases in his tweet.
“Because thousands were killed in communal riots? Because rules were bent to favour the favourites! Because of Bangaru Laxman caught on camera.”
He also slammed Modi for saying that the era under the leadership of Atal Bihari Vajpayee was a golden era. “Because Modi didn`t follow Raj Dharm? Parliament was attacked by Terrorists? Terrorists were released?,” he tweeted.
Modi had slammed the UPA government over various issues including slow growth rate, and said that people have lost faith in the UPA government while addressing the annual national convention of the US chapter of Overseas Friends of BJP (OFBJP) via video conference on Sunday.
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched
- CAD to widen to $25 billion in FY17 on surge in gold imports, sluggish exports: Report
- Govt to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose on Friday
- Scary! Truck carrying firecrackers catches fire at Yamuna Expressway – Watch
- Watch video: Top 10 incredible health benefits of pineapples!
- 1971 Indo-Pak war: 'Dusting was Indira Gandhi's stress-buster'