Flight carrying Shinde, Rahul makes emergency landing
Lucknow: A flight carrying Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi from Raebareli to New Delhi was diverted here following inclement weather in the national capital.
Shinde, Gandhi and minister of state for Home R P N Singh were returning to Delhi after attending the foundation stone laying ceremony of a recruits training centre of the CRPF in Amethi.
"The Flight was divered to Lucknow due to inclement weather in New Delhi," airport sources said here.
The flight had taken off from Furstganj airport in Raebareli.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Sikh candidate's billboard painted with 'ISIS' in NZ
- Syria border region must be `cleansed` of ISIS jihadists: Turkey
- IGL net profit jumps 44% to Rs 148 crore in June quarter
- NIA files chargesheet against Dawood's close aide Zahid Miyan
- Oh blonde! Anusha Dandekar and boyfriend Karan Kundra go twinning—See pics