Food Security Bill not taken up for discussion in Lok Sabha
New Delhi: The Lok Sabha on Wednesday adjourned proceedings till Monday (August 19) after passage of a unanimous counter-resolution to the Pakistan National Assembly`s anti-India resolution of August 13.
As a result, the Food Security (Ordinance) Bill was not taken up for discussion, as was originally expected.
Before the final adjournment of proceedings, there was an uproar in the Lok Sabha when the Food Security (Ordinance) Bill was taken up for a discussion.
Government sources were later quoted by media, as saying that the UPA`s ambitious Rs 1.25 lakh crore bill, which aims to provide subsidised foodgrains to 70 per cent of the population in the country, may not be discussed in Parliament today.
Earlier, media reports said that UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi was expected to lead the debate on the Food Security Bill from government`s side on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority