Food Security Bill not taken up for discussion in Lok Sabha
New Delhi: The Lok Sabha on Wednesday adjourned proceedings till Monday (August 19) after passage of a unanimous counter-resolution to the Pakistan National Assembly`s anti-India resolution of August 13.
As a result, the Food Security (Ordinance) Bill was not taken up for discussion, as was originally expected.
Before the final adjournment of proceedings, there was an uproar in the Lok Sabha when the Food Security (Ordinance) Bill was taken up for a discussion.
Government sources were later quoted by media, as saying that the UPA`s ambitious Rs 1.25 lakh crore bill, which aims to provide subsidised foodgrains to 70 per cent of the population in the country, may not be discussed in Parliament today.
Earlier, media reports said that UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi was expected to lead the debate on the Food Security Bill from government`s side on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?