Forces ready to face any eventuality: Pallam Raju
Lucknow: Defence preparedness at the border
with China is in keeping with the threat perception and the
forces are prepared to meet any eventuality, Minister of State
for Defence M M Pallam Raju said on Wednesday.
However, emphasising on trade and good relationship with
the neighbouring country, he said several round of talks had
been held at the official level.
"Several round of talks have been held with the
neighbouring country at the official level and trade with that
country would further improve," Raju said.
The minister, who was here to inaugurate a housing colony
in the cantonment area, said a letter had been written to the
chief ministers of different states recently to include the
proposals for infrastructure development in cantonment areas
under the JNNURM scheme and requested Uttar Pradesh Chief
Minister Mayawati to look into the matter.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India