Forces ready to face any eventuality: Pallam Raju
Lucknow: Defence preparedness at the border
with China is in keeping with the threat perception and the
forces are prepared to meet any eventuality, Minister of State
for Defence M M Pallam Raju said on Wednesday.
However, emphasising on trade and good relationship with
the neighbouring country, he said several round of talks had
been held at the official level.
"Several round of talks have been held with the
neighbouring country at the official level and trade with that
country would further improve," Raju said.
The minister, who was here to inaugurate a housing colony
in the cantonment area, said a letter had been written to the
chief ministers of different states recently to include the
proposals for infrastructure development in cantonment areas
under the JNNURM scheme and requested Uttar Pradesh Chief
Minister Mayawati to look into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?