Forces ready to face any eventuality: Pallam Raju
Lucknow: Defence preparedness at the border
with China is in keeping with the threat perception and the
forces are prepared to meet any eventuality, Minister of State
for Defence M M Pallam Raju said on Wednesday.
However, emphasising on trade and good relationship with
the neighbouring country, he said several round of talks had
been held at the official level.
"Several round of talks have been held with the
neighbouring country at the official level and trade with that
country would further improve," Raju said.
The minister, who was here to inaugurate a housing colony
in the cantonment area, said a letter had been written to the
chief ministers of different states recently to include the
proposals for infrastructure development in cantonment areas
under the JNNURM scheme and requested Uttar Pradesh Chief
Minister Mayawati to look into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family