Forces ready to face any eventuality: Pallam Raju
Lucknow: Defence preparedness at the border
with China is in keeping with the threat perception and the
forces are prepared to meet any eventuality, Minister of State
for Defence M M Pallam Raju said on Wednesday.
However, emphasising on trade and good relationship with
the neighbouring country, he said several round of talks had
been held at the official level.
"Several round of talks have been held with the
neighbouring country at the official level and trade with that
country would further improve," Raju said.
The minister, who was here to inaugurate a housing colony
in the cantonment area, said a letter had been written to the
chief ministers of different states recently to include the
proposals for infrastructure development in cantonment areas
under the JNNURM scheme and requested Uttar Pradesh Chief
Minister Mayawati to look into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj