Forces ready to face any eventuality: Pallam Raju
Lucknow: Defence preparedness at the border
with China is in keeping with the threat perception and the
forces are prepared to meet any eventuality, Minister of State
for Defence M M Pallam Raju said on Wednesday.
However, emphasising on trade and good relationship with
the neighbouring country, he said several round of talks had
been held at the official level.
"Several round of talks have been held with the
neighbouring country at the official level and trade with that
country would further improve," Raju said.
The minister, who was here to inaugurate a housing colony
in the cantonment area, said a letter had been written to the
chief ministers of different states recently to include the
proposals for infrastructure development in cantonment areas
under the JNNURM scheme and requested Uttar Pradesh Chief
Minister Mayawati to look into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends