Former MPs still occupy government houses
New Delhi: Over Rs 63 lakh are pending as rental dues on seven political leaders, including Jagdish Tytler, G Venkataswamy and Jagan Mohan Reddy who are occupying government accommodation in an "unauthorised manner".
According to an RTI reply provided by the CPWD, the dues of former Congress MP G Venkatswamy stand at Rs 29.4 lakh, former sports minister Tytler at Rs 19.1 lakh, BJP`s former Lok Sabha MP Sangita Kumari Singhdeo at Rs 7.39 lakh, Kadapa
MP Jagan Mohan Reddy at over Rs three lakh, former Rajnandgaon MP Devwrat Singh at Rs 1.74 lakh and Rashtriya Janta Dal`s former Rajya Sabha member Ram Deo Bhandary at Rs 43,416.
Father of BJP`s former Rajya Sabha MP late Krishan Lal Balmiki has dues of Rs 1.83 lakh, the reply providing "statement of dues against MPs/Ex-MPs who are in unauthorised occupation of government accommodation" said.
According to the statement provided to activist SC Agrawal, Indian National Lok Dal`s former Lok Sabha MP Ajay Singh Chautala and Congress` former Rajya Sabha member Gireesh Kumar Sanghi are also unauthorised occupants but do not have
any dues against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Gurdaspur terror attack- As it happened
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India