Former MPs still occupy government houses
New Delhi: Over Rs 63 lakh are pending as rental dues on seven political leaders, including Jagdish Tytler, G Venkataswamy and Jagan Mohan Reddy who are occupying government accommodation in an "unauthorised manner".
According to an RTI reply provided by the CPWD, the dues of former Congress MP G Venkatswamy stand at Rs 29.4 lakh, former sports minister Tytler at Rs 19.1 lakh, BJP`s former Lok Sabha MP Sangita Kumari Singhdeo at Rs 7.39 lakh, Kadapa
MP Jagan Mohan Reddy at over Rs three lakh, former Rajnandgaon MP Devwrat Singh at Rs 1.74 lakh and Rashtriya Janta Dal`s former Rajya Sabha member Ram Deo Bhandary at Rs 43,416.
Father of BJP`s former Rajya Sabha MP late Krishan Lal Balmiki has dues of Rs 1.83 lakh, the reply providing "statement of dues against MPs/Ex-MPs who are in unauthorised occupation of government accommodation" said.
According to the statement provided to activist SC Agrawal, Indian National Lok Dal`s former Lok Sabha MP Ajay Singh Chautala and Congress` former Rajya Sabha member Gireesh Kumar Sanghi are also unauthorised occupants but do not have
any dues against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter