Former MPs still occupy government houses
New Delhi: Over Rs 63 lakh are pending as rental dues on seven political leaders, including Jagdish Tytler, G Venkataswamy and Jagan Mohan Reddy who are occupying government accommodation in an "unauthorised manner".
According to an RTI reply provided by the CPWD, the dues of former Congress MP G Venkatswamy stand at Rs 29.4 lakh, former sports minister Tytler at Rs 19.1 lakh, BJP`s former Lok Sabha MP Sangita Kumari Singhdeo at Rs 7.39 lakh, Kadapa
MP Jagan Mohan Reddy at over Rs three lakh, former Rajnandgaon MP Devwrat Singh at Rs 1.74 lakh and Rashtriya Janta Dal`s former Rajya Sabha member Ram Deo Bhandary at Rs 43,416.
Father of BJP`s former Rajya Sabha MP late Krishan Lal Balmiki has dues of Rs 1.83 lakh, the reply providing "statement of dues against MPs/Ex-MPs who are in unauthorised occupation of government accommodation" said.
According to the statement provided to activist SC Agrawal, Indian National Lok Dal`s former Lok Sabha MP Ajay Singh Chautala and Congress` former Rajya Sabha member Gireesh Kumar Sanghi are also unauthorised occupants but do not have
any dues against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!