Free medical treatment for Anna
New Delhi: Activist Anna Hazare was not billed for his four-day medical treatment at a Gurgaon hospital, an aide said on Thursday.
Hazare was admitted to the Medanta Medicity hospital Sunday morning shortly after he broke his 288-hour fast following members from both houses of parliament agreeing to proposed changes in the anti-corruption Lokpal Bill.
"He (Hazare) was not charged for his treatment at Medanta Medicity. He is totally fine now," a member from India Against Corruption, which backs Hazare, told a news agency.
Hundreds of Hazare`s supporters had offered to pay his bills on Wednesday.
Hazare was under the medical supervision of cardiologist Naresh Trehan.
Hazare reached his village Ralegan Siddhi in Maharashtra early Thursday after being discharged Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tweeting often causes eating disorder
- Madhuri Dixit finds 'Housefull 3' cast 'awesome'!
- Bipasha Basu just shared vignettes of 'mad love' on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'! – View pics
- IPL 2016, final: Five reasons why SunRisers Hyderabad will be no match for Virat Kohli and co
- Sharing stage with Madhuri Dixit, 'a moment to cherish forever' for Lisa Haydon!