Gadkari`s condition akin to Advani`s on Jinnah remarks: Shiv Sena
Mumbai: BJP`s oldest ally Shiv Sena on Wednesday said that while L K Advani "lost ground" due to the Jinnah remarks controversy, similarly Nitin Gadkari has been jolted because of the Swami Vivekananda comments row.
"Advani lost ground over his Jinnah remarks and Gadkari has been jolted because of the Swami Vivekananda comments row," Sena chief Bal Thackeray said in an editorial in party mouthpiece `Saamana`.
In 2005, Advani`s description of Mohammed Ali Jinnah as a "secular" leader during his visit to Pakistan created a controversy in India, following which he had resigned as BJP president.
"Even Gadkari must be doubtful whether RSS would stand by him over his remarks on IQ of Swami Vivekananda and Dawood Ibrahim," he said.
"Gadkari has clarified that he has not equated Vivekananda with Dawood. However, not a single leader of his party has taken cudgels on his behalf," Thackeray said.
"Gadkari`s condition is like "Sukh ke sab saathi, dukh mein na koi" (everyone to share happiness but none to share sorrow), the editorial said.
Thackeray had last month defended Gadkari, accused of receiving illegal favours in land allotment from Maharashtra`s Congress-NCP government.
"The allegations against Gadkari are as barren as the land he took (on lease from government)," Thackeray had said.
On Ram Jethmalani demanding the resignation of Gadkari in the wake of allegations of dubious funding of his company, Thackeray said, "Everyone knows the proximity between Jethmalani and Narendra Modi, and also the strained ties between Modi and Gadkari."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof