Gandhy claims he was illegally detained for four days
New Delhi: Kobad Gandhy, a Polit Bureau
member of the banned CPI (Maoist), today alleged that he was
kept in illegal detention for four days in the national
capital before police recorded his arrest on September 21.
However, police denied the allegation and said they
arrested him on September 21 night from Bhikaji Cama Place
acting on intelligence inputs.
"I was detained on September 17 but the arrest was
recorded on September 21 only," Gandhy told PTI at G B Pant
Hospital where he was brought by police for medical check.
Gandhy, who is in charge of spreading the
organisation`s influence in urban areas, has been found
suffering from prostrate cancer and cardiac problems. He is
presently lodged in Tihar jail.
He said he was in the party for a long time and was
helping the CPI (Maoist) in bringing out the publications. "I
have been assigned many works by the party," he added.
Gandhy was brought to the hospital at around 10:15 am
for a check up by specialists in oncology and cardiac
The Maoists had claimed that a "weak element" in their
party, who was acting as his courier, gave information to
police about Gandhy`s movements.
They also claimed that Gandhy, whom they claim is a
"role model for new generation", had "just returned from a
trip to the guerrilla zone".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly